Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Hunger Freaking Games

Oh my god. Oh my god. That's all I can say. Last night I saw Hunger Games. It was amazing even though the writers left out a few parts but hey they can't put everything in the movie so they are forgiven. Okay one part I didn't is how much they hyped Gale when he was only in the movie for all of 10 minutes. I also don't like how people are putting them into teams like "Team Peeta" or "Team Gale". No people lets just keep that with twilight no need to completely ruin another movie. Another part I didn't like is that the cameras were so shaky like durning some parts you didn't even know what was going on it was shaking so bad. That's pretty much the only things I found wrong with the movie. Now here are some parts I loved about it. The movie starts off with a bang and keeps you on the edge of your seat until the very end. Josh did an amazing job as Peeta and Jennifer oh my god amazing job as Katniss, she is now my favorite actress! Unlike certain people *Cough Cough Kristen Stewart* she can actually act and she does it amazingly.  I love her to death and same with Josh. Everyone should go out and see this movie. But I don't recommend it to anyone under 13 cause people children are being killed. Don't take your 7 or 8 year old to it unless you want to scare them for life. Gosh I hate parents like that. But seriously if your 13 or older go see even if you haven't read the books (but the books are amazing I highly recommend them).

Rating: 10/10

Age: 13+


~Caroline

P.S May the odds be ever in your favor ;)


P.S.S  Look at the bottom of this page I found an amazing youtube video! Check it out!!

10 comments:

  1. Saw u at the mall! I was like hey that girl looks familiar and I saw ur face and I was like :O LONG TIME NO SEE
    OMG U AND SCOTT ARE ADORABLE TOGETHER AW.
    Ahem lily moment
    I can't beleive I haven't seen it yet. I hope tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the Hunger Games yesterday, it was great! Yeah, I agree, the camera was a bit too shaky, and I think the scenes were too quiet sometimes. Plus, I didn't hear any of the "soundtrack" that was on iTunes for the movie at all until the credits. :(

    Jennifer and Josh were perfect for their roles! Especially Jennifer, she also looks like what Katniss would be like. too. :) All the other tributes also suited their descriptions from the books, especially Cato and Clove. The movie wasn't as dramatic as I'd hoped, but I enjoyed it anyway and I'm definitely buying the DVD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I loved the shaky camera. I thought that was an excellent choice by Gary Ross since I was able to connect with the characters a bit more. It was more realistic to me in that sense too, since they were on a reality TV show with hidden cameras and such.
    Also, Suzanne Collins has a tendency to go at a very fast pace during her books, but your imagination makes it seem like you were there forever, so a lot of things seemed to zoom by fast in the movie since film makers don't have the courtesy. They are your imagination, if that makes any sense. (This was in words of CassJayTuck.)
    Either way, the best part was when Prim got reaped and there was absolute silence. I loved that part the most.
    Did your heart almost jump out of your chest when Peeta touched Katniss's braid during the final scene? That was just...OH MY GOSH! FANGIRL MOMENT!
    Either way, I absolutely loved the movie. I don't really have any complaints. I thought it was perfect for a book to movie adaptation. Usually, they're very different. This however, was almost exactly like the book, and a lot of dialogue was actually taken directly from the book. Then again, it might be because Suzanne Collins approved everything they added and cut out of in the movie...
    Either way, I absolutely loved the scene where Seneca Crane walked inside the room to see the nightlock berries waiting for him. That was amazing.
    Also the revolt in District 11 after Rue's death. AHHH! IT LEADS INTO CATCHING FIRE! (Another fangirl moment.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. eeep i cant wait to see this!!!! may the odds be EVER in your favour :L

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lily Lol Thanks xD You have to see it!

    @Anna I know barly any songs off the soundtrack and I bought the C.D but still amazing movie and i'll buy d.v.d as soon as it comes out!

    @Nicole I can't wait for Catching Fire!!! The movie was pretty freaking amazing overall!

    @Rose Rose you have to see it!!! You'll love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I changed my link to www.accordingtolily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey caroline, just to say that whether or not you think your story is too long, please just send it anyway because id love to read it. the page limit is simply a guidline, but if you really feel you cant keep to that limit, i dont mind.....so long as its not, y'know, like thirty pages long!! :L xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Rose Okay thank you and I just finished my story and it is about 6 and a half pages long. Thanks for making this contest :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmm ya, I loved the movie. But the part with the bread really annoyed me, cause you couldn't really tell what was happening...

    ReplyDelete